banner hat 2

Monday, January 29, 2007


She looks pretty much the same as last time, but she's really pretty different. In the past few weeks Evie has really started to say a lot. We're trying to convince her that grunting is no way to get what you want unless you live in a cave and ride a dinosaur. Seems to be working. I used to think that baby sign language was just another way for parents to show off what their kids could do. But now I'm a believer. There is nothing more frustrating than not knowing what your child is trying to tell you. And it seems that the signs have developed a little of her language...plus she thinks it's fun. I kind of do too. If I don't know the sign for something I make it up, and that's what we use. Kind of like if you ask Evie what some animal says, and if she doesn't know it, she just makes up a noise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love baby signing too! Are you sure we aren't related?
Love,
Joanna