banner hat 2

Thursday, May 17, 2007

missing you

greg bw lr
When this picture was taken, you could've been a spokesperson for the Gap,
But if you were here, even with funny teeth, I'd still sit on your lap.

When you're gone I can't see your eyes, which are my favorite feature on your face.
But luckily your daugther has them, so I can see them when I look at Evie Grace.

Tonight my bed is cold and empty, and there's nothing next to me.
Except of course my favorite pillow, but it is old and grungy.

As I was putting Evie to bed tonight, she gave me her normal kiss and hug.
Then she asked for a hug from you, and I had nothing for her but a shoulder shrug.

In case you didn't know this, we don't like it when you go away.
So instead of taking a class next time, maybe you should stay.

I hope this silly poem makes you laugh and smile,
And I hope you check this blog on your PDA, in your usual style.

We love you and we miss you and hope you are having fun.
Hugs and kisses from the homefront from mommy and the little one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara! You're just getting too artsy! First a photographer, now a poet?! It made me a little teary... =)
Casey

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Evie TOTALLY has Greg's eyes! Cute poem by the way! When does that waterpark open up your way?
Joanna